Following our stay in San Francisco, we picked up our Mustang and headed down the coast towards LA, via Monterey and Carmel.
- Our first Airbnb with Mei in Marina, near Monterey. Mei had 2 double rooms with another couple staying in the other. We borrowed her Monterey Bay Aquarium passes at a discounted rate. Mei was friendly and helpful, and the Aquarium was awesome, an absolute must-see on your way down the coast
- The Seventeen Mile Drive. Awe-dropping views. It took us hours because we kept having to stop to take more and more photos.
- Carmel is a gorgeous, artsy little town, Clint Eastwood was once the mayor. An expensive place to stay, but we threw caution to the wind and stayed at the Carmel Mission Inn in an awesome suite, and dined at r.g's Burgers (try the peanut butter and jelly milkshake).
- Big Sur. Stunning. Just stunning.
- Pismo Beach Sea Lions lolling in the sun.
- Solvang, a Danish village in California. Obviously.